Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Love for Last Bench aka Seat

I thought about this when i got into the company transport today morning.My mind started searching (Scans) automatically for the last seat or one before it and my legs started moving towards the seat.I don't know when i started this habit of loving last seat, may be long back.




As i try to remember, in school times that was my first school change i was in new school put up in boarding(hostel).Sitting in the first bench on the very first day. Sasi (Now Dr.SasiKumar) told that i have to shift my place once one of the guy(his friend) come back from leave (he usaully doesn't come on the first day of the school starting). After a coulple of days a Big Boy (we say 'gunda' in our native language) came and pushed me with the bag to the other side of the bench. That's it i took my bag and started walking as usual to the last bench were my entire year passed. The guy who came and pushed me none other than Mr.Gobinath

Our transport system, most of the front side seats are reserved for ladies, so most of the time we (i) used to seat at the last.In cinema theater (movie halls) we fight for last seat (that is obvious).

After joining college this habit continued. Four years the entire last row is our place. Even in the Labs i liked the last place.

Generally in schools and colleges (India) there is kind of belief that people who are sitting in last bench are of no worth. They used to see those persons sitting in the last as of some stupid people. What ever happens we will the first persons to thrown out of the class

Still i love to sit in the last bench and don't know the reason why i like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dai pangali... even i met u in the last bench of our first year classroom da... its a crazy magic that we guys always get attracted towards the last bench always...

sathish said...

@ balasrini
Correct bala ....we guys love last bench ..there is no reason to it :-)